Puget Sound: We Love You is hosting a photography contest to promote love and conservation of Puget Sound. Anyone with a valid Facebook account is eligible to participate. Submit your photos to the Puget Sound: We Love You Facebook page by March 22, 2013. Photos must be related to Puget Sound, including but not limited to landscape, animals, and Puget Sound related activities. Upload your entry with your name, age group, and a title. A caption is optional. The age groups are Student (18 and under) and Adult (18+).
Two winners within each group will be selected. The “People’s Choice” award will go to the participant whose photo received the most “likes.” The “Judge’s Choice” award will go to the participant whose photo best represents Puget Sound, as determined by the Puget Sound: We Love You team. Winners will be notified via Facebook by April 1, 2012. Winning entries will be featured on the Puget Sound: We Love You Facebook page and blog.
Photography Contest Official Rules
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Eligibility Requirements: This contest is open to all legal residents of the United States. Participants must have a valid Facebook account to be eligible to win. Participants under the age of thirteen (13) must submit their entries through a parent or legal guardian’s Facebook account. Winners under the age of eighteen (18) must provide parent or legal guardian’s consent to claim their prize. Members of the Puget Sound: We Love You team are not eligible to win. All entries must be received by March 22, 2013 11:59p.m. Pacific Time.
- Photo Requirements: Photos must be related to Puget Sound, including but not limited to landscape, animals, and Puget Sound related activities. Photo-editing is acceptable for minor touch-ups only. Participants whose submission includes recognizable people are responsible for obtaining consent from the subject(s) and must be able to provide this to the judges upon request. Entries are subject to disqualification and immediate deletion if they are inappropriate or depict violence, harassment or improper treatment of marine life.
- How to Enter: Participants can enter by posting their photo on the Puget Sound: We Love You Facebook page (www.facebook.com/psweloveyou). Photos must include the participant’s name, age group (Student-18 and under, or Adult-over 18) and a title of the photo. A caption is optional. Participants may be required to provide additional information upon request. Each participant may submit up to two (2) entries. Additional entries are subject to deletion.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Selection of Winners: Two (2) winners within each category will be selected. The photo that receives the “People’s choice” award will be determined based on the photo that received the most “likes”. The photo that receives the “Judge’s choice” award will be determined by the Puget Sound: We Love You team. Winners will be notified via Facebook by April 1st, 2012. Winning entries will be featured on the Puget Sound: We Love You Facebook page and blog. Each winner is required to respond within fourteen (14) days of notification; failure to respond or provide necessary information will result in disqualification. A new winner will be selected. Each winner will have thirty (30) days from the date of notification to claim their prize.
- Prizes: The winner of the “People’s Choice” award will win a Puget Sound: We Love You calendar. The winner of the “Judge’s Choice” award will win two (2) tickets to the Seattle Aquarium and a Puget Sound: We Love You calendar. No substitutions will be permitted. Prizes will be forfeited by the winner if they are not claimed within thirty (30) days. Winners under the age of eighteen (18) must provide parent or legal guardian’s consent to claim their prize.
- Use of Art: All submissions are subject to use by the Puget Sound: We Love You team and the Seattle Aquarium for educational or promotional purposes.
- General Terms and Conditions: This contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this contest, contestants and their parents or legal guardians agree to be bound by all the official rules of this contest and the decisions of the Puget Sound: We Love You team. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Puget Sound: We Love You team and the Seattle Aquarium is not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from human error, altered, illegible, late, lost, or misdirected entries, events beyond our control, or acceptance and use of a prize. Winner assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the contest or by any prize. Puget Sound: We Love You reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest or any contestant’s participation in the contest should unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond our control affect the administration, security or proper play of the contest, or the Puget Sound: We Love You team otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the contest as planned. Contestants who violate these official rules, tamper with the operation of the contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to the Puget Sound: We Love You team, the contest or any other contestant are subject to disqualification from entry into the contest.